Types of personal data
BWI can collect and process the following personal data:
- First name
- Date of birth
- Place of residence
- Email address
- Telephone number (landline/mobile phone)
- Employer/organisation (place of employment)
- Language of preference
- Photos / videos
Methods of personal data collection
These personal data are collected in the context of:
- Requesting a quote;
- Placing an order and its execution;
- Enrolling for a training course and/or event;
- Taking out a subscription (specialist journal);
- Collaboration with BWI;
- Filling out a contract form on the Website;
- Subscribing to the newsletter (via Website or not);
- Sharing BWI's media posts or responding to these posts;
- The exchange of business cards.
The personal data collected by BWI are thus expressly and voluntarily provided by you.
Use of personal data
BWI can use your personal data:
- To draw up a quote;
- To implement an agreement/contract; to carry out an assignment
- To follow-up our services via the Feedbackform Service BWI.
- To send a newsletter;
- To indicate the form of address;
- To apply for/provide educational leave;
- To draw up a diploma and/or certificate and verify conformity between the participant and the name on the diploma and/or certificate;
- To send certificates and diplomas;
- To create an account;
- To confirm the registration to the participant in question;
- To create lists of participants;
- To include in a CRM tool for the purpose of targeted communication;
- The application of subsidies (incl. for the motivation of the planned budget);
- To check if the admission requirements of the training programme have been fulfilled (including a check of the participant's identification);
- The entry on the Website, in the journals and in BWI's annual report and/or in the case of symposia/events (whether or not in partnership with BWI);
- The publication of photos and/or videos;
- Statistical purposes.
Disclosure of personal data to third parties
BWI will not disclose your personal data to third parties except when this proves necessary to provide you a service (including, but not limited to, the execution of an order, giving a training course/event, the sending of a journal and/or magazine, and as part of a research project). If it is necessary in this context, that BWI discloses your personal data to third parties, the third party is required to use your personal data in accordance with the provisions of this Privacy Declaration.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, however, it is possible that BWI discloses your personal information to the competent authorities (i) when BWI is obliged to do so under the law or under judicial or future legal proceedings and (ii) to safeguard and defend our rights.
BWI will not sell, hire out or pass on your personal data to third parties, except when it has completed a data processing agreement with the third party in question, which contains the necessary guarantees regarding confidentiality and privacy compliance of your personal data.
Storage of personal data
Except when a longer retention period is required or justified (i) by law or (ii) in compliance with any other legal requirement, BWI shall, in principle, store your personal data for a period of ten years. This period is normally necessary to achieve and fulfil the objectives as described in the Privacy Declaration under 'use of personal data'.
BWI, however, undertakes, when a retention period of ten years is not required to apply a shorter retention period.
Your privacy rights
- Right of access to personal data which BWI possibly has of you;
- Right to rectification, completion or update of your personal data;
- Right to delete your personal data (‘right to be forgotten’);
- Right to limit the processing of your personal data;
- Right to portability of your personal data;
- Right to object to/oppose the processing of your personal data.
You can exercise these rights in principle free of charge on the above mentioned form.
If you no longer wish to receive newsletters or information about our services, training programmes and/or events, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" button underneath each of BWI newsletters.
Security of personal data
BWI undertakes to take reasonable, physical, technological and organizational precautions in order to avoid (i) unauthorized access to your personal information, and (ii) loss, abuse or alteration of your personal data.
BWI will store all personal data it has collected on a secure server in Belgium.
Notwithstanding BWI 's security policy, the checks it carries out and the actions it proposes in this context, an infallible level of security cannot be guaranteed. Since no method of transmission or transmission over the Internet, or any method of electronic storage is 100% secure, BWI is, in this context, not in a position to guarantee absolute security.
Cross-border processing of personal data
All personal data which BWI has collected will only be stored and processed in Belgium or another EU Member State.
There is no question, therefore, of cross-border transmission or processing of your personal data.
Update Privacy Declaration
BWI has the right to update this Privacy Declaration by posting a new version on the Website. It is, in this framework, strongly recommended to regularly consult the Website and the page explaining the Privacy Declaration, to make sure that you have knowledge of any changes.
The Website may potentially contain hyperlinks to other websites. In no event is BWI responsible for the privacy practices or the privacy practices of any third party.
If you have any complaints about the way BWI collects, uses and/or processes your personal data, you can lodge a complaint with the Privacy Commission.
If you have questions about this Privacy Declaration, or the manner in which BWI collects, uses or processes your personal data, please contact us:
Via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; or by post:
Belgian Welding Institute npo
Data Protection Officer
Tel +32 (0)9 292 14 00